[plug] Using the mail command to send attachments

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Aug 23 12:06:42 WST 2000

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Bradley Browne wrote:
>
> > bothered ftp'ing the file all the time, I would much rather be
> > able to send it as an attachment in an email.  I need root access

mh comes with a 'sendfiles' script, which you could use or adapt.
It does a mime attachment fo a compress tar file.

usage: sendfiles: "mailpath" "subject-string" directory-or-file ...

> mail -s 'The file' you at your.windowsbox </path/to/the.file

Of course the body may be corrupted in all kinds of ways in transit taht
way. You could filter through uuencode.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--