[plug] Blue Screen of MegaDeath

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Aug 23 13:52:55 WST 2000

Christian wrote:
> Anyone have any idea what happens when a nuclear reactor bluescreens?

I would have thought "whitescreens" was more appropriate.

I would suspect exactly what it was doing before the bluescreen, no more
and no less, until it was rebooted.

There are mechanical-physical safeguards which in the worst scenario
will dump (and split up) the whole reactor into a (usually concrete)
containment vessel beneath the reactor proper. Many reactors are
designed so that it is not physically possible to run them up to a level
which would cause explosion.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?