[plug] Dinosaurs

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Aug 23 14:31:53 WST 2000

>From the CVN-77 article:
> The software will run the bulk of the command and control systems
> in the three "decision centers" being designed into the CVN-77?s
> architecture, said Brian Roach, Lockheed Alliance manager for
> Microsoft Federal.

Odd coincidence. Some in-the-flesh dinosaurs were once supposed (before
we knew more about nerves) to have several brains.

Maybe Microsoft plan to cluster everything down to thermometers and door
switches, so that when a machine dies horribly, there is a backup. In
reality, I suspect this will simply make more opportunities for one
dying device to shove a stick through the spokes of everything on the
network.

"Why is that carrier being towed into port?"

"Uh, I think somene emailed a virus to one of the toasters, and it
spread from there..."

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?