[plug] Re: Aussie DMCA is here now!

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Fri Aug 25 11:38:07 WST 2000

Judge Kaplan thinks that first amendment takes second fiddle to
para-copyright.

this is of course going to be appealed.

We unfortunately don't have much constitution protection so the WIPO tells
us what to do.

	cya,	Andrew...

PS:I wonder how safe Linux is from the new laws?  Will distributions have to
be tailored for each countries copyright laws?

	<SNIP>