[plug] two keyboards on one machine?

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri Aug 25 15:35:49 WST 2000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Bevan Broun wrote:

> I was thinking how I could play freeciv against my housemate without
> buying another machine. I thought about a second monitor/video
> card/mouse/keyboard all on the same machine - does anyone think this
> might be possible? I cant think of how I could connect 2 keyboards.

Have you got USB?
You can plug in a second USB keyboard.
There are patches that will allow you to do exactly what you want, though
it should be considered alpha software.

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~vojtech/input/

There's also a patch that allows you to plug a keyboard into a PS/2 mouse
port, so you could have 2 serial mice and 2 PS/2 keyboards (or one of each
if you have an AT system with old-style keyboard plug, and a PS/2 mouse
port)

There's no URL for that one, but I received a patch through linux-kernel a
while ago.

 - Matt