[plug] Samba Question

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Sat Aug 26 00:15:09 WST 2000

Does anyone on the list know if samba is capable of restricting the
number of simultaneous login's it will allow from Windows/whoever
machines where Samba has been configured as the domain controller?  I
have looked through the doco's and seemed to draw a blank... as in
nothing was mentioned either way.

The closest I found was the "max connections" parameter but this was to
restrict the number of connections to an individual share, not the
number of PC's a user is logged in on.

What I want is to be able to say: If user jones is logged in already,
don't authenticate his account on any other machines.  The overall
objective is to restrict sharing of accounts by users by refusing
multiple logins.

TIA
--
Paul Baumgarten