[plug] Postfix

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sun Aug 27 08:08:46 WST 2000

> Robert Andrews wrote:
> When I try to read my mail on my Linux box via Outlook I get the following
> message I have been trying to fix this for weeks and I dont seem to be
> getting any closer

> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'Linux', Server: '203.57.132.141', Protocol: POP3, Port:
> 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Try doing this with Telnet:

    telnet localhost 110
    USER yourusernamehere
    PASS yourpasswordhere
    LIST
    RETR 1
    QUIT

You may at least get a more useful error message. If it all works, try it again
from the Windows box (start at a COMMAND prompt). If it then *doesn't* work,
start suspecting things like your firewalling.

--
How penguins survive: many are cold, but few are frozen.