[plug] Samba Question

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Mon Aug 28 10:50:42 WST 2000

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Paul Baumgarten wrote:
> Does anyone on the list know if samba is capable of restricting the
> number of simultaneous login's it will allow from Windows/whoever
> machines where Samba has been configured as the domain controller?
There may well be such an option, but I do not know of it, having not used
Samba in a long time. Alternately, I seem to recall an extensible
authentication layer which you should be able to make check for existing
logins. Failing that, something that I am confident will work, is to
configure samba to run a script at login that kills existing connections.
This has the added advantage that if a connection has become unusable but
not properly closed (as seems to happen often) the user can still initiate
a new connection.

-Greg Mildenhall