[plug] Newspaper Contacts

Grant Malcolm gmalcolm at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 28 13:01:00 WST 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Bret Busby wrote:
> Ah, yes, but what about Heritage FM (93.7MHz), Phone: 9497 1242, and the
> possibility of getting a sponsor to sponsor a run of ads on Channel 31
> (Email: reception at accesstvwa.com )?

Thanks for the tips, Bret. Of course, i left out the tv stations!

Channel 31 will run a Community Service Announcement (CSA) for free. This
is a 30 sec static message displayed up to 200 times per week for two
weeks.  The CSA application form must reach Channel 31 by next week to
appear in time for the InstallFest.

It is important to point out to them that the event is "free", as any
event that is charged for or is primarily offering goods for sale, is a
paid community billboard announcement.

If no-on else wants to put their hand up, I'd be very happy to arrange the
CSA as i have some application forms here. Perhaps something along these
lines:

Headline (max 20 characters):
Learn about Linux

Body text (max 20 words):
Perth Linux Users Group's InstallFest2000.
Sunday 24th September 10am-4pm
Canning College Conference Centre
http://installfest.plug.org.au/
or call ???? ????