[plug] ADSL?

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Wed Aug 30 04:42:54 WST 2000

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Michael Hunt wrote:
>
> > Do rotary dial handsets ring any bells for anyone ?????
>
> "rotary dials" !?  That means you have automatic exchanges you lucky
> bastard! When I was a lad, my aunt still operated a manual
> switchboard. Subscribers only had a handle to crank - no rotary dial.
>   And this was just outside Bunbury in the 1970s.

Well that was over 30 years ago so I consider that "Ancient History" (being
born in the far distant year of 1975 !!!)

One thing to note is that its nice to see some things don't change. Bunbury
sounds like it is still the same today as it was back then.

(Just kidding guys. Limited bandwidth available here okay !!!!)

Michael Hunt
Niger West Africa