[plug] strange happenings - advice needed

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Dec 1 08:47:08 WST 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Jason Nicholls wrote:

> Recently my system has begun to 4do strange things and I'm trying to narrow down
> the problem. In my opinion it is likely to be the video card. Here are the
> symptoms:

<snip>

> Note, while writing this I did a kernel compile without problems too.
>
> What do people think?

IIRC correctly there are issues with Xfree 4.X and the Nvidia kernel module.
I don't have the details at hand but if you setup matches then that may
explain it.

Also maybe you could do someting like:
alias XM='strace -V -FF -o /tmp/xmame.strace xmame'
then use XM to start xmame ... when it seg faults look for a reason.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */