[plug] Syslog

Thomas, Andre thomasa at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Dec 1 09:03:40 WST 2000

Hi,

I seem to be missing something, being still quite new to moulding Linux
to do what I wish it to do.

I have a firewall running a compressed kernel and another server which I
want to have the firewall's logs written too.  The fire wall is lfa (?)
and the server is running redhat 6.2.

On the firewall, the syslog.conf file I have made the following changes:

  *.*   /dev/tty2

When checking the errors on the second console, it comes up with error
messages logging the syslogd; permission errors.  I take it the server
is blocking the firewall writing logs to it, but I do not know which
ports and which config file it would be in.  The syslog daemon starts
with the -r switch which I believe is necessary for the task I need.

Help??

Cheers in advance,

-André