[plug] timeouts on large transfers

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Fri Dec 1 15:45:27 WST 2000

Hi,

I have a Linux SuSE 6.2 server running in Singapore, and a guy in Hong Kong
wants to get a few large files (4M, 7M, and 20M).  The files are available
on a web server, which he can access, but when he tries to download the
files he gets to about the 1M mark then starts getting timeouts.

There is also FTP services running on the same box, when he connects and
tries to download the file via FTP, he also gets the same problem.  Has
quite a bit of trouble even connecting in the first place.

One of our staff members has used FTP when she dialled in from home (also in
Singapore) and had little trouble connecting or transferring files (although
I don't think any of the files she transferred were that large, anyway she
still has no connection problems).

Are there

Regards,
Steve