[plug] timeouts on large transfers

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Tue Dec 5 10:00:43 WST 2000

Hi,

Firstly, I apologise for my first incomplete message.  I hadn't finished
composing it, and I was going to RTFM before posting, but %$(*#%@ Outlook
Express decided that it would send the message anyway.

wget may work, but the timeout problem happens with HTTP or with FTP
transfers.  If wget can do the equivalent of an FTP restart/resume then it
might work (eventually), but I don't have the wget man page.  Does HTTP
support that?

I was looking in the kernel docs for some TCP timeout type information, but
there wasn't much there apart from driver-specific stuff.  I found a list of
all the /proc/sys/net/ipv4 parameters, but I don't know which ones I need to
look at and don't want to waste time pissing around without a clue.

Any suggestions / advice / etc?  I'm currently using kernel 2.2.14, Apache
1.3.12, Proftpd

Regards,
Steve