[plug] Trace files

Robert Andrews squirrel at emerge.net.au
Sun Dec 10 12:10:47 WST 2000

Hi all
? When I issue a command like IFUP PPP0
is there a way that i can see exactly what files and scripts are being used by the command
other than going through the scripts themselves.
I am relitvly new to Linux and live in a town that I know of no other Linux users.
This group is my only source of communication about Linux so please bear with me.
I have a file in /etc/ppp/ ifcfg-ppp0 that issues commands to my modem however it does not appear to be used so the modem configuration must be comeing from another file.
I will no doubt want to trace other commands in the future to see what files and scripts are being executed so I can continue my Linux self teaching.
Regard Bob Andrews.