[plug] mp3 ripping

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Sun Dec 10 18:39:45 WST 2000

I've just got round to setting up my sound card on my new PC (after a
couple of months), which lead to setting up Samba so I can get to the
mp3 files I've stored on an NT server, which lead to looking at cd
ripping and encoding.

I set up cdparanoia and lame, but I was rather surprised that 1) making
an mp3 is still a two-step process and 2) it really wasn't that fast.

Looking over a couple of Linux mp3 sites for currently recommended
software lead me to set these up (I wasn't that struck on the need for a
graphic interface).

Does anyone have a better way to rip than this combination?

K.