linux GLquake was [plug] Quakeathon

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Mon Dec 11 08:29:10 WST 2000

After reading this sometime ago, I got all inspired and tried to get Glquake
running on my Linux box. Only problem is, I couldn't find it on the web for
love or money. Sure, there's Xquake and SVGAquake, etc, but not Glquake. I
know it used to exist, because the Linux quake site refers to it as "the
only way to play quake". Unfortunately the link they have points to a
download server, but the file is no longer there. Does anybody out there
know where I might be able to find it, or an equivalent?

Just to help narrow down the responses, I'm running Mandrake 7.1, with a
generic TNT2 primary video card and dual Voodoo 2's in SLI as secondary. I
have previously run the Win32 version of Glquake on both 3D accelerators
with excellent results. By Glquake, I mean the OpenGL accelerated version of
Quake. I own the original Dos release of Quake 1 on CD (version 1.01). I
don't care which card(s) I get it running on, but my PC is currently sending
most 3D stuff to the Voodoos, as I'm not running the latest TNT2 config due
to its inherent instability. Unreal Tournament and Linux patch of Kingpin
run on this box a treat.

Next will be Quake 2, but I want to get the original classic fragging away
first!

Thanks in advance,

Dennis.

"Campbell, David (Ex AS17)" wrote:
> Just found out that the Gamers Guild are having a LAN bash on the 14th
Jan,
> offically it starts at 9am (unoffically 12:01 am) and ends whenever...
> Need to get some more details but they have a fairly large hall (East Vic
> Park, fairly central, close to train station), lots of tressel tables, a
> fridge stocked with various cafinated substances (coke, jolt, red eye,
...).
> A large number of the members when asked about linux will respond about
some
> obscure problem they are having (eg: they are willing to give linux a
try).