[plug] Mail message formats (was Re: [plug] Trace files)

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 11 13:57:10 WST 2000

Robert Andrews wrote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: quoted-printable

The above, is how I received the message, with the attachment being the
text of the message.

Viewing the full header, gives:
"From:                   "Robert Andrews" <squirrel at emerge.net.au>
               To:                   "Perth Linux Group"
<plug at plug.linux.org.au>
             Date:                   Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:10:47 +0800

I am using Netscape, running on Linux, and, I get a number of emails
that appear like this.

I configured Netscape to not "View Attachments Inline", to avoid
anything nasty happening, should I get a virulent email.

Is the reason for the text of such messages displaying as attachments,
to do with MIME, or, as, when I have checked the full headers, the
messages are apparently all from Outlook Express, is it some Outlook
Express thing?

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988