[plug] Dumping invalid files ?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Dec 14 09:05:02 WST 2000

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Mike wrote:

> Sorry that this is not a typical linux question its a Unix one but,

Near enough.

> But when I specify that in lynx it objects, what should I put in place
> lynx -dump http://www.someplace.com/Part one[1].zip > Part-1.zip

Mike,
lynx and other apps dont have a problem. A filename can have anything
except a '/' or a null. The problem is the shell, ie bash or tcsh etc.
  Any basic unix book will have a chapter on this kind of thing, but in a
nutshell, use double quotes around names with spaces, and single quotes
to stop more interpretations by the shell. See also the use of '\'.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--