[plug] netscape stalling

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat Dec 16 09:38:09 WST 2000

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 03:30:23PM +0800, Evan Lau wrote:

> Hence I do not think it is something wrong with the modem link or network
> link between the machines, but more likely something to do with Netscape or
> Linux (or both maybe).

Did you actually try David's suggestion of using wget and comparing its
performance to Netscape's?  It *could* be a bug in Netscape but it does
seem much more likely to be something else.  Download two different
files from the same site, ensuring that both clients have proxies
configured in the same way, and compare the result.  If, over a number
of different trials (with different files from the same site), Netscape
continually stalls while wget performs well then maybe it is a Netscape
problem and you should either upgrade or try another browser.