[plug] The hidden world of hacking

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 17 00:57:49 WST 2000

Lord Kino wrote:

> Are any of you guys hackers? Im looking for someone to talk to about the art
> and thought this was a good place to look.

The first place you should look is Eric Raymonds hacker faq.  In particular faq
2.
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

>  I am also trying to find someone who can sell me a burnt copy of
> Mandrake 7.2 or Debian Linux to help set up my LUG in mandurah.  ( if it
> gets going i was thinking of maybe having a combined meeting maybe
> bi-monthly to discuss and to excange.)

There's currently a "guide to linux" or some-such at newsagents with includes
Redhat 7 and Mandrake 7.2 with some other software and a book.  It retails for
about $20.  Otherwise I could send you the 2 Mandrake CDs for the cost of the
blank cds and postage.

Regards,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maestro.dhis.org 3.4-STABLE i386
12:50AM  up 3 days, 12:44, 2 users, load averages: 0.12, 0.04, 0.01