[plug] ISPs

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Tue Dec 19 16:21:35 WST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:
> If you're after a big, cheap provider with whom you can stay on-line full time,
> I recommend DingoBlue rather than iiNet (at $25 a month). If you simply want a

I've got an iiNet Voyager and a Dingo Blue dial-up account. My DB account
disconnects less and is basically a permanent connection with dynamic IP
and unlimited traffic for $27.50/month (gone up a bit with GST). Good
value and downloads are faster than my iiNet account (played around for a
day trying to work out why - iiNet account downloads at about low 4kb/s
for a file from tucows.iinet, DB account downloads at high 5kb/s for the
same file. Weird).

So now my squid box just routes out the DB connection.

PD

--
Paul Day
Email: bonfire at bur.st     Email->SMS: mobile at bur.st     ICQ: 349344