[plug] Sendmail

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Wed Dec 20 09:25:47 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 12:55 AM
> It does not seem to recognize any local users
<snip>
> Returns : jacky... Host unknown (Name server: 192.168.1.1: host not found)
>               root... aliased to squirrel
>               /root/dead.letter... Saved message in /root/dead.letter

Looks like 'host not found', not 'user not found'

Try appending your domain name to the user address (for clarity, because you
_shoudn't_ need it).
Check that DNS resolution works correctly for that machine - check that
Sendmail is using DNS as I don't think (from memory) that it uses hosts
lookup.

- Brian.