[plug] email message formats (inline attachments)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Dec 23 20:06:52 WST 2000

Christian wrote:

> If you disable viewing inline attachments then you end up clicking on
> the attachment to view it anyway.

Not in Netscape. You have to click on a message to delete it, unless you
can span it with a range. Clicking on a nastygram runs it, unless you
disable inline attachements (note that this is still two steps better
than Outlook, which runs many more kinds of nastygram, and which can be
induced to run a nastygram when you *receive* it...). I would rather
click on a nastygram, see dubious URLs and delete it without running it.
Truth be told, I would rather not see any nastygrams or other spam in
the first place, but in practice that involves either not having an
email address, or having a human filter it for you first.