[plug] Security and Privacy.

Scott scott at bizzpro.com.au
Sun Dec 24 15:16:21 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
> > Privacy is the only real security measure.
>
> What nonsense.  Privacy isn't a security measure in any meaning of the
> word.  Privacy is generally not even considered a security issue.  Also,
> most people don't care all that much about their privacy and are more
> than happy to sacrifice it for something else of value.  For example,
> credit cards, EFTPOS, frequent flyer points, fly buys, etc. etc. etc.
> Chances are most people will be more than happy to give up their
> privacy in exchange for 1/100000 of a trip to Bali.

Your obviously missing the point and i can't be bothered explaining it for
the 3rd or 4th time. Maybe i was too verbose or maybe you didn't even read
the "aimless rant". I apologise if you think my opinion is an "aimless rant"
but your opinion and critique would carry more weight if you didn't need to
insult at the same time.