[plug] PGP-signing. Was: Help! Network Problems!

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Feb 1 13:41:35 WST 2000

Craig Foster wrote:

> Sorry, my mistake. :-( The point was more towards mailing lists being fairly
> low-key in the security / personal authentication stakes. Most people here
> know what to expect from the key contributors. Still, I should have made
> that clearer.

You could also have been referring to the practice of including a
fingerprint of a person's public key in each email that they send in
order to widely distribute that information.  In this case it's
obviously not a signature and is merely there so as to help clearly
establish this information publicly.  As such, it is irrelevant that the
mail is being sent to a list since this makes an even better forum for
publishing such information.

Regards,

Christian.