[plug] TV interference (otopic)

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Feb 2 10:09:12 WST 2000

Colin Rothnie wrote:

> I might be completely wrong here, but you may get some joy from changing
> your CPU frequency.  Certainly my 486 @ 100 Mhz causes the a high pitch
> whine on all the AM radios in the house (reception is fairly faint anyway).
> A 200 Mhz Pentium machine nearby causes no problems.

That's interesting because I remember a few years back my old 386
(40MHz) used to interfere with TV reception in the next room,
particularly channel 9.  We had no such problems with the Pentium 100
that replaced it (although they were much further apart by that stage).

> If it were causing problems for my partner's TV watching (not that we have a
> TV), I would be using it as an excuse to get the fastest CPU/motherboard
> upgrade possible.

Brilliant! *laugh*  That should definitely go in the FAQ... (do we have
an FAQ?)

Regards,

Christian.