[plug] restoring MBR

dynamix dynamix at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 3 13:32:29 WST 2000

hiya..
any ideas gratefully welcomed...
I have two drives one with redhat 6.1 (hdc)and the other with
 win98(hda)
 In one those fiddle factor attacks I decided to let lilo go on to the mbr
of
 hda ( win 98)
 I have a rack system so this wasnt really  necessary however I wanted to
try
 it as a dual boot .
 This has proven to be great except when I need to replace one the drives in
 the rack temporarily .
 I need to return to individual booting procedures for each drive.
 I have read many differing views on restoring the MBR for windows and some
 tales of terror have me a wee bit nervous.
 So I am defering the question to you guys...any ideas on the best way to go
 abosut restoring win98 MBR and
 LILO on the red hat drive without a full repartition etc???
 Dez