[plug] Mail list servers

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 13:20:19 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> There are several other mailing list packages available but these two are
> the only ones I have had admin experience with.
> They are both available as Debian packages, and I would assume RPM's.

Years ago, when I wanted to set up a list, I looked at Majordomo and it seemed
like serious overkill, config-wise, so I wrote my own Mail List script in Perl.
^_^

Several years later and it has some nifty features, probably pretty standard
for Mail List scripts, but I've had minimal problems, and now host about 15
active lists. (Membership is relatively small, with the largest having about 80
members).

General setup is via a text config file, although being Perl, it's pretty easy
to "customise" to do whatever you want. (Being an early, quick hack solution,
tho, some of the code isn't that pretty...)

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :