[plug] Do you want to help robots play soccer?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Feb 7 20:38:45 WST 2000

Please distribute this message to as many people as possible.

CIIPS Glory is the only robot soccer team in Western Australia.  We
are planning to participate in the next world cup series, Melbourne
2000, but need more people to program and tune the robots.  We are
located at The University of Western Australia, on the third floor of
the Electrical and Electronic Engineering building.

We have all the required hardware available, but are in desperate need
for more human team members.  You do not need to be a student at UWA
to participate, but you must be willing to dedicate lot of time to get
this system running.

In addition to technical stuff, we also need someone to organize
contact with media and to administrate our trip to Melbourne.  If you
want to participate, I am sure we will find work for you.  Given
enough interest, we plan to organize local competition to select the
best robot program to send to Melbourne in August 2000.

Our current robot team consist of Eyebot vehicle robots with on board
CPU (68332), color camera, distance sensors, kicker and radio.  All
pieces are working, but they need both calibration and the best code
possible to compete in the RoboCup small size league.  Our development
platform is Linux with cross compiler to m68k.

Please check out our web page, with team description, pass, honours
and master theses, contact information and more.  Anyone can join our
mailing list, so please send us an email on robocup at ee.uwa.edu.au to
find out if this is something for you.

CIIPS Glory home page
  <URL:http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~pere/soccer/>