[plug] Fast net access via Linux server question

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Tue Feb 8 09:44:49 WST 2000

>Other options are ISDN, DDS and frame relay, none of which are cheap (either
>to buy or to connect at the ISP end).  I've even been asked to price a
>satellite link !

Have you investigated 128k - 2Mbit scalable broad-band through either
Pulsat Communications (http://www.pulsat.com.au) or iiNet? It appears to be
much cheaper than ISDN. I understand Pulsat is rolling out a cellular
broad-band network across the metro area, while iiNet has a single node
based on the AAPT building in the CBD. I could be wrong though, you'd best
talk to them if you're interested.

Steve