[plug] Introducing myself

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Thu Feb 10 16:00:13 WST 2000

Since I've started posting here but haven't yet been to a PLUG meeting,
I guess I should introduce myself. I live in Nedlands (for a bit over
half the year, the rest in Durban, South Africa), design Web sites and
run servers, but increasingly concentrate on the back end of things,
mainly using Apache and Perl with whatever databases, and increasingly
XML. In this, I do everything on Linux, apart of course from
cross-browser, cross-platform site testing.

I'm originally from Durban, but am not your standard S. African
immigrant: I didn't ever expect to end up living in - or even visiting -
Australia; but then I didn't expect to meet and marry someone from here
as I have done. Now that I'm here, of course, I find much to like.

Hope I can be useful to the group. This list and Ian Kent off list have
already been helpful to me.

Excuse the +0200 time zone setting. I've just got over the jet lag of
having arrived back on Sunday, but my notebook (ThinkPad i1400 2611-40M
- runs RH6.0 like a dream) hasn't.

Colin Muller