[plug] mgetty/sendfax/lpd & dns

Mitchell, Clive Clive.Mitchell at health.wa.gov.au
Mon Feb 14 09:35:52 WST 2000

Hi y'all. I'm hoping you can help me out with a little configuration issue
or come up with an easy work around. The setup is I have a large number
of Win95 client workstations I want to be able to print to a linux box
using the faxlpr driver. The problem is that lpd is insisting on doing a
reverse lookup on each client when it connects. I don't want to have
to add each client machine into the DNS (running on another Linux
machine) or local hosts table. I will be moving to DDNS later but that
is not a practical option at this time. Any suggestions?

Thanks