[plug] Local StarOffice...

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 14 13:50:27 WST 2000

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 01:42:03PM +0800, Gavin Tweedie wrote:
[ Anthony wrote: ]
> > I am currently downloading so51a_lnx_01.tar from sun.com  I would
> > assume that whatever they  are distibuting is the "current"
> > relase.
>
> Good luck. In my experience it often ends up corrupted or incomplete
> from sun.com :)
>
> > You will be able to download it from
> > ftp://thor.cantech.net.au/pub/Linux/StarOffice
> > It will be there by 1400 today (14/02/2000)
>
> if its just so51a then its the same as on Matts box, and all
> waix/pix/parnet people would be better off grabbing it from
> ftp://live.networx.net.au/pub/StarOffice to save themseleves

I think Anthony was wanting to be sure that he was getting the latest
publicly available version, and verify whether the version that Sun is
currently making available is the same as the older copy that Matt has
on his box. I agree, it'd be rather strange to have two different
versions called 5.1a, but nevertheless.... ;)

> Gav

Thanks for the info and pointer, Anthony. It will be interesting to
see if it's the same as Matt's copy or not.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
		[real standing law in Texas, United States of America]