[plug] Advice please

Tony Clark tony at ballist.net.au
Wed Feb 16 11:40:48 WST 2000

The VIA is a bit to a lot faster depending on the benchmark...The 750 was
only introduced to get the product moving.  It also only supports AGP1
where as the other supports AGP4 I believe.. There is at least one review
between the chipsets...Just can't remember the URL to it.

I also considered the dual Celeron approach, but decided I was paying more
for older technology...and I also wanted to give a small message to Intel.

Well that been said...from your described use of the machine...RAM and a
hard disk would be more than enuf....

>> From what I read, try and get hold of the Via chipset if you go Athlon.
>
>I was actually considering the K7M which uses the AMD-750 chipset.
>
>skribe
>	62.0% pure
>	38.0% corrupt
>	36.3636363636364% insane.

Tony Clark
HDL Electronics Pty Ltd
Contract VHDL, FPGA, ASIC and electronic design services
Mobiles: Australia 61 411 577 715  Hong Kong 852 9616 9716