console size control

William Kenworthy w.kenworthy at student.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Feb 16 13:56:11 WST 2000

Try looking at "man lilo.conf"  I set mine up by adding "mode=svga" to
this file, lilo sets the screen at the start of the boot sequence.

BillK

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Matt Kemner wrote:

         > > May I be informed as to which program/ setting controls the
rows and columns
         > > of the system console. That is to say when this system boots
it starts in
         > >  80 x 25 lines and changes to 50 somthing lines, this is good
and I would
         > > like to change my system at home.
         >
         > You will probably want to look at either svgatextmode (there is
a debian

         I think all he needs is an entry in lilo.conf.
         Try adding a line "vga=extended", then re-run lilo.
         And of course, you'll need to reboot for it to take effect :)

         Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth,
Australia.
                                   --==--