[plug] New Linux resource

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 18 14:24:34 WST 2000

I have just received a newsletter from cnet news.com, that is about their new
Linux resource.

It is at http://linux.cnet.com/linux/

At the top of that page, is a search engine, that searches various Linux
resources, such as the Linux Gazette, the Linux Journal, Red hat, and, the man
pages, for documentation.

It could be a useful resource for people wanting to find information about
particular Linux utilities.

I did searches, using the search engine, with the documentation option, on wget,
and on ipchains, and the results appear worthwhile.

I also did searches, using the software option, on project management, time
management (what Trevor was looking for some time ago, I think), html editor,
accounting,
finance, and CAD. The responses for searching for available software for Linux,
also seemed good.

Perhaps, others could have a look at it, and advise how they regard it.

After all, I am a person of little knowledge about Linux, and some on this
mailing list have enough knowledge, to give a good evaluation of the resource.

--

Bret Busby

Phone/Fax:    +61 8 9399 3820 ( 08 9399 3820 within Australia)