[plug] Printing - Mandrake

William Kenworthy w.kenworthy at student.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Feb 21 13:30:06 WST 2000

Another printing problem.
 I have just upgraded from Mandrake 6.1 to 7.0 and try as I might, cannot
get the printer to work.  I am using the same smb config as before but not
a peep out of it, or any of the variations Ihave tried.  Also am having
problems with some of the libs not being found for some prior existing
programs (compiled under MD6.1) and odd error messages from
some programs.  e.g., licq failed to work, so recompiled it under Mandrake
7.0 and now get a symbol error at runtime.  Other programs behave
similarly, even after I have tracked down missing libs etc.  kwintv fails
to compile, make cannot find /usr/lib/kde, even though the make files etc
look ok (still looking at this one tho).

Has anyone else had such problems with upgrading from one version to
another?  I am at the point where I am going to blot it and start again.
I hope that these problems are due to upgrading and not endemic to
Mandrake7.0.  The mailing lists do not seem to indicate any major probs
with 7.0.

BillK