[plug] RedHat 6.1 install problems

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Mon Feb 21 14:28:32 WST 2000

Has anyone had any problems installing RedHat 6.1 on their system?

Repeated attempts to install produce the same results.
I do a expert/custom install (I have also tried a server and workstation
install) telling it to add the drivers for my Adaptec scsi card and after
going through all the rest of the install options it formats the disks and
goes right through the install process before then hanging just before
putting up the box that says it is going to do the "post install
configuration" phase. I say just before because it sits there doing nothing
and if I move the mouse it puts up that box, but it never does anything else.

I can use <ctl>,<alt><F2> to bring up the other virtual consoles and
enter/view things, but the install never goes any further.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris Griffin
                               \\\___///
                               \\  - -  //
                                (  @ @  )
+----------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------+
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Engineer                |
| Email: chris.griffin at mitswa.com.au                    |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |
I haven't lost my mind -     oooO   (   )
- it's backed up on tape    (   )    ) /
   somewhere.                 \ (    (_/
                               \_)