[plug] RedHat 6.1 install problems

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Mon Feb 21 15:41:53 WST 2000

> John, could you clarify for us what RH 6.1 sets do not work - does this
> happen routinely or only under particular circumstances - eg the Adaptec
> card.
>
> Or is there an article about the problem somewhere?

There are some configurations for which it works; however, reports of
failures have bene legion.

Part of the problem is the nice new installer; as you might expect the
first release has a few problems.

I don't recall all the problems; I do know that NTFS and HPFS partitions
cause problems. I think there was something about SCSI too.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield