[plug] printing and red hat 6.1

dez dynamix at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 21 20:40:41 WST 2000

I Did a 'wee' test ..      I  did a clean install of redhat 6.1 ...
no lpt dectected...
i recompiled ( even though all the support was there) ..still no lpt.
Setting up the printer and ignoring the autodetect did not solve the problem.
all the correct directories etc where present/..etc.

so i took a deep brath and did a clean install of redhat 6.0...yay print port detected..
so i upgraded redhat 6.1...yay still printing..

I did the same again ...with the same results....
i have had several distro's on this machine with 4 flavours of redhat as well and never had a problem detecting the printer port.
I did have a problem with Caldera open linux and my epson 600 but thanx to Garth Atkinson it was resolved.:)However the problem was in the script not the port.

Whether any one else has had this happen I'd be interested to know...
I shall be emailing Redhat...
I couldnt find any issues with this problem on their site.

thanx to all
dez.