[plug] Mandrake - printing

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Tue Feb 22 06:36:49 WST 2000

> 	Also had a look at the mandrake site, they still make a big thing
> of rehat compatibility.  Found that the upgrade itself went smoothly, but
> instead of incorporating existing system mods (such as ldconf.so, profile
> etc, it just copied them to a .rpmsave ext.  Some apparently were also
> just replaced and not saved so are impossible to easily track down.
> Easier to just blot it and start from scratch.

You're learning why I do not upgrade/replace packages willingly; I still
run RHL 4.2 on one machine, 5.0 on another. You may also have noticed me
advocating NOT replacing your smtp daemon unless you're very sure you
should.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield