[plug] Netscape Default Profile...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 09:55:18 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Trevor Phillips wrote:
>
> > I thought of that, but the preferences.js includes some locations (such as
> > cache, etc) which contain the users name.
>
> So modify adduser so it (runs a script that) fills these values in.. :)

I was hoping for something slacker than that. ^_^

BTW: Any idea how I use sed to strip out ^M's (artefact of DOS txt files) from
a text file? I can do it in Perl, but for a simple altering, am wondering how
to do it in sed. It's basically the sed regexp to match ^M that has me
stumped...

Quote from the "sed" manpage about Regular Expressions:
       [XXX FIXME: more needs to be  said.   At  the
       very   least,   a  reference  to  another  document  which
       describes what is supported should be given.]

*sigh*

: Web Systems Administrator      -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :