[plug] Mandrake & Printing

Bill Kenworthy w.kenworthy at student.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 16:27:48 WST 2000

Hi Leon & others, I actually did think of the security aspect - for the
upgrade I chose a medium level and then used the MD tools to change it
around whilst trying various options.  No luck, but maybe too late by then.
 I have copied all the files i need for reference and tonite, time
permitting will terminate the offending version and try again (i.e., format
it out of existance!)  The security setting is a great idea, but I would
have to do some reading about what they actually set/change before I would
endorse it - I do not know if its just superficial or is of real value.

Found one bug report on smb printing similar to my problems on the mandrake
website, but no details for a solution - they do seem a long way behind on
bugfix's for older versions, seemingly (my impression) expecting people to
upgrade to the latest release rather than fixing & informing of faults for
older versions like redhat does.

BillK