[plug] Unix Beginners Textbook?

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Feb 22 16:49:43 WST 2000

>Hi! I'm trying to find a good Textbook for the UNIX Beginner, with as many of
>the following as possible:
>  - Suitable for the UNIX Newbie (assuming DOS/Windows knowledge)
>  - Covering "UNIX" (ie; not a RedHat book -_^)
>  - Reference section of standard UNIX commands
>  - Inclusion of Internet-related stuff (pref. some HTML but not required)
>  - Not too expensive
>  - Available within Perth
>
>Yeah, I know it's a tall order. ^_^
>Any recommendations?

Guess you've already checked this out - but just in case... the
online/offline html versions of Larry Greenfield's "The Linux Users' Guide"
might be of interest.

Dave.

  David Griffiths                               griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Systems Manager
  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection            Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                  Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia