[plug] Gentus = Abit Linux

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Wed Feb 23 07:07:28 WST 2000

Re: Why I use Debian Re: [Plug] Mandrake - Printing

I guess it could have been part of this thread but I don't know any one well
enough to cut across it

Leon Brooks wrote:

> If I install another vendor's distro, it will because of something else
> packaged with it.

Odd, that's exactly why I started using Mandrake... (-:

Christian. wrote:

On the
other hand something new which was either non-free OR introduced new
incompatabilities would be something I would generally avoid.

Saw this anouncement today

ABIT is proud to announce our Linux distribution, Gentus?. Gentus? is
 a full featured and full powered Linux operating system"
 http://www.gentus.com/

Hyperbole or what?

I guess we will see quite a bit more of this.  I am sorely tempted myself to
give it a try. I'm sure I am not the only one who
has an Abit board  with ATA66 support they cant get running who would consider
it.
It just looks like a RH or Mandrake? Distro modifided to make ATA66 support
simpler.

Which of the above to groups would it fall into?

Mark