Why I use Debian. Was Re: [plug] Mandrake - printing

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 11:34:19 WST 2000

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:08:27AM +0800, Greg Mildenhall wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, John Summerfield wrote:
> > If I wanted to upgrade to a new release and xxxxdist has Oracle
> > and I want to play with Oracle, getting xxxxdist makes sense.
>
> Does it? Oracle is, AFAIK, completely distribution-independent, so
> it'd be a very poor basis on which to choose distributions.

I think he was using it as an example. Hence the use of xxxxdist,
otherwise known as "some arbitrary distribution" and Oracle, otherwise
known as "some arbitrary killer app".

> -Greg

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
"Eric also holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and shoots pistols for relaxation,
His favorite gun is the classic 1911-pattern .45 semiautomatic"

  -- Chris DiBona on neo-renaissance Homo Heileinias Eric S. Raymond. (Open
Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)