[plug] Quoting (again) (Re: Why I use Debian. Apt pros & cons)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Feb 23 16:24:29 WST 2000

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Steven Leopardi wrote:

<LOTS OF USELESS REPETITION SNIPPED>

> > By the way; is there a nice way to "reconfigure" or force a reinstall of a
> > Debian package? (Such that it'll re-set up default config files & such...)
> dpkg-reconfigure packagename

Please, was it necessary to repeat 50 lines of previous emails for a
single line reply?

Yes, your reply was most helpful (I wasn't aware of this command) but it
took me 3 re-reads of Trevor's message before I found the single line you
had added.

Please, ONLY quote that part of the previous email you are replying to.
The rest is just wasted.

btw it seems dpkg-reconfigure is part of debconf.

 - Matt