Why I use Debian. Was Re: [plug] Mandrake - printing

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Thu Feb 24 05:47:03 WST 2000

> Then I reiterate: Anything distribution-specific is not a "killer app.".
> It is either poorly programmed or ridiculously restricted by license.

Greg
You are entitled to your views,  but have the grace to recognise they are
not held by others as universal truths.

Many people have no problem using commercial products, and for some
purposes there is no satisfactory alternative. DB/2 and Oracle are both
high-end RDMSs, there is no free alternative. If you want a
high-performance database amounting to terabytes of data, postgresql is
not a choice.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield