[plug] Telstra Cable Modem...

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Fri Feb 25 16:38:41 WST 2000

> Seems Telstra have announced some new pricing plans for Cable Modem usage,
> including a flat-rate dealie intended for home usage.
> Does anyone know if this available here in the back of beyond (Perth), and if
> so, which 'burbs?
> Also, anyone had any experience setting up Cable Modems under Linux? ^_^
> (I believe Optus at home has similar deals, but isn't available here at all...)

According to the BigPond Advance person I just talked to there is no
cable service available anywhere in Perth... they are doing Brisbane and
Adelaide next... (I am currently hunting for a new ISP myself and it
looked really nice until then... *sigh*)

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au